Monday, May 10, 2021 / by Rose Toja
If you are planning on SELLING your house this spring, make sure you check these 10 maintenance items off your list!
2. Siding- Power wash vinyl siding to prevent mold from forming. If you have wood siding, there may be areas that need a paint touch-up!
3. Windows & Door Screens- Check screens for holes & replace them if necessary. Clean windows inside & out! Let buyers focus on the view!
4. Hot Water Heater- Lubricate the circulating pump & motor. If you are not familiar with these parts, you may want to call in a professional for maintenance.
5. Roof- Inspect the roof for any missing, loose or damaged shingles that need to be replaced.
6. Deck or Porch- Check the deck or porch to see if they need to weather treated or re-stained. Check railings for sturdiness & adjust them if needed.
7. Sprinkler System- Replace or fix any valves that are leaking or not working!
8. Landscaping- First impressions are important! Whether you do it yourself, or call in a pro, make sure to trim any overgrown plants & remove weeds. Don't forget to add a pop of color with seasonal flowers!
9. Foundation- Check floors, concrete & walls for any cracking or deterioration. If needed, call a foundation professional who can help!
10. Bathrooms- Inspect the caulking around the base of the shower & sinks! If it is deteriorating, scrape it out & replace it. Buyers want to see a fully functioning bathroom, not worry about water getting through the shower or sink.
If you need help finding professionals who can assist you with this checklist, contact Rose Toja for a list of preferred contractors and vendors!
Suffolk County Homes for Sale: Rose Toja your Local Realtor with EXIT Realty Achieve in Smithtown specializes in advocating for Buyers and Sellers to educate them so they can make an informed decision. To discuss your Real Estate needs, feel to give me a call or text me at 631 521-6011